I can't say I get it. But I like it. In these apocalyptic and bitchy times, it is high time to get some sarcastic Swedish hacker philsophy out there. Now is the time. The spectrial is apparently the place.
How could we forget the Pirate Bay Spectrial?! They released a Pirate Bay Manifesto - POwr, Broccoli and Kopimi. I don't really get it but I'm lazy.
But I like the idea of “Though seeded in prehistory, Kopimi is rooted in the future, and holds together a constantly vibrating avalanche of knowledge that forms the foundation for a discussion indifferent to the rippling changes of time and space,” reads the prelude of the manifesto." Here are some new commandments for everyone! (Kopimi homepage) VIA Spectrial » We just released a book!
Mackt, NET SECRET, broccoli, and KOPIMI
MAckt, —-, Broccoli, and KOPIMI
According to Kopimi, all truths can be summarized in a single sentence: “the Internet is right”.
With prehistoric seeds, Kopimi roots itself in the future, holding together a vibrating avalanche of knowledge, creating the foundation of for a discussion untouched by the lashing shifts of time and space. A tumult where there’s no right to remain silent, you’ll have to talk to everyone.
Flocking, swarming, and noisy, we sow ourselves in new context and grow. This book is a spontaneously organised cluster swarm project with a single purpose — Kopimi will intensify, multiply, condensate. We want to reach further into ourselfs and into Kopimi. We want to penetrate into you and into the future.
Our words will, at the same time, sound like madness to deaf ears, and lovely caresses for those who see and hear, but above all: they will stick to you, you in particular — and your mother. This is a book for you who live in the moment, but seek your way forward through the ages.
001. Get the internet.
002. Start using irc.
003. Cluster, and give birth to a site.
004. Experiment with research chemicals.
005. Make a three-step program.
006. Take a powerful stand for something positive and indispensible.
007. Don’t regulate anything.
008. Say you’re going to move in two weeks, but stay seven months. Come back a year later and do the same thing.
010. Relax, you’re already halfway there.
012. Don’t think outside the box. Build a box.
013. Support support.
014. Make and attend parties and fairs.
015. Start 30-40 blogs about the asme things.
016. Drain the private sector of coders, graphic artists and literati.
017. Create a prize that !!som delas ut.
018. Often express youself, vaguely, in the media.
019. Spread all rumors.
020. Seek out and try [--kortning--?], and travel by expensive trains. Don’t order sushi.
021. Start a radio channel.
022. Everything you use, you can copy and give an arbitrary name, whether it’s a news portalk, search engine or public service.
023. Buy a bus.
024. Install a megahal.
025. Make sure you’re really good friends with people knowledgeble in photoshop, html, databases, and the likes of it.
026. Read a shitload of philosophy.
027. Give yourself cult status, and act accordingly.
028. Never aim.
029. Mess with everybody.
030. Invent or misuse Kopimi.
031. Do things together like an aggregation, not a collective.
032. Make your advertising confusingly similar to that of established ventures.
033. Always act with intent.
034. Claim, in all contexts, that the establishment is lagging.
035. When critizised, blame others and refer to the nonlinear time constitution swarm hierarchiality of the clustered formations.
036. Send everything to all media, no matter what niche.
037. Start an anonymous confession venture.
038. Make babies and blog their upbringing.
039. Make sure to closely study and keep ajour with substances.
040. Vividly participate in internet discussions that don’t interest you.
041. Start at least three to four irc channels about every project.
042. Fight and make up often.
043. Share files with everybody who wants to.
044. Do humor sites a lot.
045. Hang out with the left, the right, and the liberals.
046. See 23 in everything.
047. Flirt with money.
048. Very seldom by afk.
049. Threaten large American culture corporations.
050. Broadcast radio from Skäggetorp.
051. Make a 100 list of a successful project.
052. Don’t be sure about the name of the list.
053. Assume responsibility for a lot of projects.
054. Make sure to be connected to technical, aestethical, and philosophical competence of world class.
055. Regularly sleep over at each other.
056. Publish a book about Kopimi.
057. At a trial, deny everything.
058. Cultivate unfounded myths and react to them.
059. Hack sites, email accounts, and other things.
060. Always taunt and ridicule all aspects of Copyright.
061. Create an internet site where people can buy and sell votes in democratic elections.
062. I are serious cat; this is serious point!!1
063. Collect money for fraux’ trip to Iceland.
064. Confidently clain that all disconnected computers are broken.
065. DON’T go to Kurdistan.
066. Make sure to thoroughly found the claim all hardware is overpriced.
067. Affirm all words and signs.
068. Mindfuck each other to appropriate extent.
069. Care for smojyr.
070. Create and spiritualize the “snel hest” meme.
071. Found and own a think-tank.
072. Deny magnetism.
073. Found a business school. Drop out.
074. Write many press releases.
075. Use irc in underwear, and eat pizza.
076. Juggle with other people’s balls.
077. Make sure there is binding proof of Ikko giving monki advertising money by meand of volada’s helicopter.
078. Cause inflation and global financial crisis.
079. Be vague if anybody asks for the price of a bandwidth.
080. Use “dynamic” to mean “out of control”.
081. Never mention Hotmail, MSN, or Windows.
082. Conduct all project meetings on irc.
083. Claim to receive about 1265 emails a day.
084. Force a prosecutor to collate several thousand pages of claptrap.
085. Overly abstract everything.
086. Keep a liberal opinion of hell.
087. Consider yourselves overly qualified for top positions in American movie and music industry.
088. Create the world’s largest filesharing service over a night.
089. Attract international attention by mistake.
090. Control and dismiss opinion makers of all media.
091. At all levels, standardize the explanation of your modus operandi.
092. Keep 3567 anonymous confessions on your harddrive. Including the IP numbers and personal information of the authors.
093. Save the Internet.
094. Use the Internet as a source in serious discussions.
095. Seldom or never explain your IT elitism.
096. Dismiss expressions like [---?] as superstition.
097. Follow the yellow fellow.
098. Skip the last point of your 100 list.
099. Establish the Social services as a parody of the Asocial services.
100. Mind burning kittens.
100. Write a book, but beginn with the cover text.
In the shadow of the final crisis of the cultural industry in the 21st century, a larger picture grows of powehr, broccoli, and Kopimi. Every step of the failures of the cultural business is followed by the spooky successes and structurally diffuse spread of an Internet elite, all over the world. The book you’re reading has no author, no designer, no typesetter, and no means of distribution. Still it’s right before you. How did this happen?
Read the frightening instructions that a loosely connected nucleus of IT experts implanted into the network existance of an unsuspecting generation of youths, and about how the group stole the eggs, dollarsh, and jpegs away, right before the very eyes of the establishment, and powerful financial interests. Read about how serversh, seedersh, traeckers, mails, corporate contracts, foreign inverstors, Ikko’s allowance, scandalous ads, links, and search engines infiltrated and ruined a world, that had nobody to turn to, nobody to seek advice from, and nobody to trust…
This machine that is operationg below radar frequencies, moves unhindered from the jungle’s of Cambodia to the gay … of San Fransisco, by the empty beaches of Tel-Aviv, and into the internet connections of regular people of the suburbs to Jönköping or the harbour of Göteborg. It leaves nobody untouched and destroys everything in its way. Technically superior and physically independent, it continually transforms, metamorphoses, and reappears, in everchanging incarnations and under different code names. While strangling it’s opponents, it remains untouchable, and even more so — incomprehensible.
It has been said that this is the first time Kopimi frees the world, but we can rest assured that it will not be the last.